On Friday, June 25th, Thomas Jefferson’s love of French cuisine continues at Monticello under the direction of our Farm Table Chef, David Bastide. A native of southern France, Bastide learned to cook – quite literally – on his grandmother’s knee.
Bastide returns for a new virtual cooking class starring a time-treasured Steak-Frites entrée as the main event and featuring side dishes that incorporate ingredients grown and harvested from Monticello’s gardens. A delightful chou à la crème dessert will round out the meal.
This event is perfect for those who love to cook and those who want to learn in a friendly, non-intimidating environment.
Highlights of this virtual class include:
- Three-course French Brasserie menu:
- Salade de Carottes Râpées
- Entrecôte Frites with Salade de Tomates
- Profiteroles à la Glace Vanille, Sauce Chocolat
- Menu, shopping list and pre-class preparation instructions shared via private webpage link (included with ticket purchase)
- Butchery tips and guidance on responsible meat consumption
- Knife instruction tips video from Chef Bastide
- A very special guest appearance from a revolutionary farmer and gardener!