Now in their 35th year, Monticello’s annual Wreath Workshops are back with in-person and virtual classes for 2021!
These fan favorite events will once again be led by Monticello Guide and Floral Designer, Lou Hatch, Monticello Curator of Plants, Peggy Cornett, and a talented team of workshop instructors. Attendees will create a beautiful door decoration that will last throughout the season.
Workshop attendees receive guided instruction on different styles of wreaths, including: Traditional, Natural and Modern.
Schedule and Tickets
- Saturday, Nov. 27 – 9:30am-12:30pm
- Saturday, Nov. 27 – 2:00pm-5:00pm
- Sunday, Nov. 28 – 1:00pm-4:00pm
- Thursday, Dec. 2 – 9:30am-12:30pm
- Friday, Dec. 3 – 4:00-7:00pm
- Saturday, Dec. 4 – 9:30am-12:30pm
- Sunday, Dec. 5 – 2:00pm-5:00pm
Included with your in-person Wreath Workshop ticket:
- 3-hour guided class to create a seasonal decoration to adorn your door.
- Natural greens, pods, ornamental grasses, cones, berries and specialty materials harvested from the gardens at Monticello and throughout Virginia
- 1 wreath base form
- Construction materials: floral spool wire and tape, stem wire, picks and more
- Pre-class tips to get the most of your wreathmaking experience
These popular classes fill to capacity quickly – reserve your spot now!
Please note: participants must bring their own hand pruners, sharp floral snips, and garden gloves.
For the safety of all, masks are required at all in-person workshops. Light snacks and beverages will be offered for consumption outdoors.
Can’t make it to an in-person workshop? No problem!
Join hundreds of participants from California to the Carolinas at our exclusive virtual Wreath Workshop on Saturday, December 4. Ticketholders will receive a shopping list of required materials ahead of the virtual workshop led by Lou Hatch.
Following the virtual workshop, a post-event link will be provided to enjoy the recorded program for a limited period of time.